Monday 9 May 2016

1000 Vegan Recipes - Quick Herb Bread



I wanted a bread to go with my lunchtime soup this week and decided to try one from one of my favourite recipe books - 1000 Vegan Recipes.

What the hell was I thinking!?  I know I can't make bread!! And even worse, I decided to sub some of the plain white flour with wholemeal.

Admittedly this bread was quick to throw together but the dough was so so dry and dense so I knew it wouldn't work out - I stupidly didn't allow more liquid for the wholemeal flour so I guess this was why.

The end result?  I dense, dry bread with a lovely flavour.  Really the flavour of the herbs was really nice, but the bread just sucked.  I don't know if this entirely my fault because after I made it (why didn't I look before) I Googled it and found others had also experienced a dry dough.
I may try this again written as is.....but I may not.

Final verdict: a dry, dense bread but easy to put together
Score: 2 out of 5 (but the low score may be my fault)

No comments:

Post a Comment