Friday 5 August 2016

Vegan Brunch - Classic Broccoli Quiche


So, I knew that I had made this years ago as a full sized quiche and we had enjoyed it, and for some reason I decided it would be cute to make mini individual quiches!  And it was!

Niall and I LOVE broccoli, so that's a plus for this recipe.  The other big plus is the lack of nooch (nutritional yeast), and Niall cannot stomach it.  

I found this recipe pretty simple to make, but reasonably time consuming, especially if you include the time to make the pastry and then baking it in the over.  But a lot of the time is passive, so I don't mind that too much.  A bonus is that when making this recipe I have always had left overs - bonus!!

I have made a full recipe before and the filling makes enough for a 'normal'sized pie dish, or my square baking pan (not sure on size) but this time I did a half batch of the filling and found it made enough for 3 big, very filled-to-the-brim, muffin 'holes'.

I must remember next time to reduce the salt, because (like many American recipes) I did find the filling too salty.

Final verdict: tasty pie, reasonably easy to make but quite time consuming
Final score: 4 out of 5 (losing a point for saltiness and not being a quick recipe)


No comments:

Post a Comment